Along with site speed and internal links, on-page optimisation is a key part of SEO architecture. On-page SEO is critical if you want your website to rank well in search engine results pages (SERPs). Here are five reasons why on-page SEO should be a priority for your business:
1. Helps Search Engines Understand Your Website
On-page SEO is optimising individual website pages to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. It involves several factors, including your website’s content, structure, and code.
Content is the most critical factor in on-page SEO. Your content must be keyword-rich, informative, and unique if you want it to rank well in search engines. The title, meta tags, and header tags of your web pages are also essential elements of on-page SEO.
The structure of your website is vital for search engines to index your pages and to make your site more user-friendly, leading to more traffic and higher conversion rates.
Finally, the code of your website must be clean and well-organised. This helps search engines like Google to understand your website and index it properly.
2. Helps You Rank Higher in SERPs through Keywords
The first stage in on-page SEO is to choose the keywords that potential buyers are likely to search for when looking for similar products or services to yours. Once you’ve selected your keywords, you can integrate them into your website in several ways:
- Title tags: This is a web page’s main headline and should include your chosen keywords at no more than 60 characters in length.
- Meta descriptions: This is a short web page summary, usually appearing under the title tag in search engine results pages. It should have your chosen keywords and be no more than 160 characters in length so it’s not truncated on search results.
- Headings and subheadings: Heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) are used to structure the content on a web page. Including keywords in your headings can help search engines understand what your page is about and potentially rank it higher in search results.
- Alt tags: Alt tags describe the images on a web page. Including keywords in the alt tags helps search engines understand what your page is about and potentially rank it higher in search results.
Aside from optimising your website content for search engines, there are many other on-page SEO factors to consider, like the URL structure, internal linking, page load time, and mobile friendliness.
The more effort you put into search engine optimisation, the higher your website will appear in search results and the more visitors you will receive.
3. Improves Your Click-Through Rate (CTR)
Improving your on-page SEO improves your website’s CTR—the percentage of users who click on given search results. This generally leads to more website traffic and, ultimately, more conversions. Therefore, on-page SEO is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy.
There are many ways to improve CTR, but some of the most effective include optimising the title and meta tags, creating compelling headlines, and incorporating keyword-rich phrases.
To attract more site visitors, optimise your images and create compelling content. Also, improve your site speed, so your visitors keep searching your site and earn a higher CTR.
On-page SEO is crucial for any website looking to rank high in search engine results pages. Optimising your website’s title, tags, description, and content can signal to search engines that your site is relevant and authoritative – two critical factors in achieving a high ranking. In addition, on-page SEO can help you attract more website visitors by making your site more visible and user-friendly. It should be a vital component of any website’s overall SEO strategy.
Validus Media is a creative agency offering SEO services for industry-leading brands and startups. We build websites and drive traffic, engagement, conversion, and other result-driven online marketing campaigns at affordable prices. Contact us today for more details!